About 50 people joined us at the Harvard Faculty Club 19 January 2011 for our health and science journalism blogging panel.
The video and audio of the event are now available at MIT Tech TV, thanks to the generous support of the National Association of Science Writers. The video was produced by Dianne Finch and filmed by Finch and Arezu Sarvestani. Finch is the multimedia manager at the Knight Science Journalism program.
The panel featured:
- Moderator Alison Bass
- Daniel Carlat: The Carlat Psychiatry Blog: Promoting honesty in medical education
- Ivan Oransky: Embargo Watch: Keeping an eye on how scientific information embargoes affect news coverage; Retraction Watch: Tracking retractions as a window into the scientific process
- Gary Schwitzer, HealthNewsReview Blog
- Rachel Zimmerman, CommonHealth: Reform and reality
A more detailed write-up with many link mentioned in the talk can be found at Gravity Surfing. The blogging event organized by freelance journalist Carol Cruzan Morton. Additional assistance at the event was provided by Boston University graduate students Emily Greenhalgh, Arezu Sarvestani and Kristen Stivers.
- Optimal viewing: Update your Adobe Flash Player.
- Thin walls: In the video and the audio, the nonsequitur clapping and laughing comes from a different event in the room next door.